POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : crash and subsequent problems : Re: crash and subsequent problems Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash and subsequent problems
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 6 May 1999 09:45:22
Message: <37328d83.12211298@194.174.214.110>
Hi Ross Litscher, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Has anyone had a crash while trying to copy and paste a Group of Rotated
> Spline oobjects (Moray for Win v3.1 Build 4251).
Nope<g>. Are you sure about that Build number? I assume you mean 4215.
If so, please always try to use the latest version. You can download
the latest version (Build 4325) from our website at
www.stmuc.com/moray

> Moray then kindly offered 3 choices, one being abort whcich I didn't try.
It was probably an Assertion then. It would have been *REALLY* helpful
if you had written down the file and line number that is displayed in
that dialog box.....

> The other two I did to no avail (i don't recall what they were).
Wait. The other two choices would have been 'Retry' and 'Ignore'. But
if you tried both of those *to no avail*, how did you manage to close
Moray? You can only close Moray if you choose 'Ignore' and Moray
subsequently does not do a hard crash. But in that case the MDL may be
damaged.

> My question is, can I recover the .mld file i was working on?
No, you cannot. But I may be able to. Send me the MDL file
(lut### [at] stmuccom) and I will see if I can recover it.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray